1. Urbanladder: Launched in 2012 and a venture of Bangalore-based Descasa Decor Online Pvt Ltd, Urbanladder is currently delivering to Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi / NCR region (Gurgaon, Noida). The online store has made a strong foothold in the segment and have recently raised $1 million in series A funding and is looking to close a Series B round in coming months.
2. Pepperfry: An online Home & Lifestyle marketplace, launched in January 2011 is having a current user base of 7 lakhs and 3 million unique visitors on monthly basis. Also it is doing almost 1200 orders a day. The company has raised $13 million in total with $8million in Series A(2011) and $5 million in Series B (2013).
3. Fabfurnish: A rocket internet backed venture and the most visited online home store in India, fabfurnish was launched in January 2012. It is currently known for its designer furniture, furnishings, décor items and kitchenware.
4. Zansaar: A Bangalore based startup and a brand owned by Singapore-based Salar Online Pvt Ltd has forayed into online home decor space in 2012. Backed by Accel Partners and Tiger Global, it has recently raised $6 million funding from them with an aim to bring in exclusive range in categories such as Home decor, Kitchen Tools, World Foods, Cushion Covers.
5. Roomstory: An online multi-brand home store, Roomstory is offering products across three classifications, Bed & Bath, Décor & Furnishings and Kitchen & Dining. It was launched in 2011 with an aim to become a one stop destination for all home decor products. The company is currently looking for funding of around $1 million.
6. The Home Label: An online marketplace by Sussanne Roshan, Home Label is backed by The Label Corp., the first retail brand in the online marketplace to introduce a unique tastemaker styled model. Under this business model, the celebrity Creative Directors bring along an assortment of exclusive and trendy products.
7. Bedbathmore: An online portal, bedbathmore deals in home decor, bed, bath and other furnishings. It also has its own warehousing facility in Mumbai. It is a part of Creative group, one of the India’s largest exporters of home furnishing and apparels to US and Europe. Bedbathmore also raised an undisclosed amount recently in Series A funding from Blume ventures with plans to establish private labels and expanding the technology team.
8. Mebelkart: A Bangalore based startup, Mebelkart provides a range of products including Bean bags, Seating, Home furniture, Kids furniture and Décor. It claims to be ‘the biggest dealer in Beanbags and Office chairs’. Also, it has tie-ups with some of the major furniture companies like Durian, Zuari, MoBEL, Rhome and Wood Dekor