After three years of one-on-one discussions with entrepreneurs through the co-founders meetup. Startup conference has built a calculator to compute Co-Founder Equity hence the app called Co-Founder Equity Calculator.
Following are the questions taken as inputs:
- Who is the CEO?
- Which founders are coding most of the site/app?
- Who had the original idea and told the others?
- If you could magically hire a few developers, would one of the founders become their manager, and if so, who?
- Which founders are working part-time and will join full-time once you get funding
- If this founder left, it would severely impact your chances of raising funding
- If this founder left, your development schedule would be severely impacted
- If this founder left, it would compromise your launch or initial traction
- If this founder left, it would probably prevent us from generating revenue quickly
- Who writes the blog and the marketing copy that goes on the site?
- Who comes up with most of the features?
- Who has a spreadsheet with budget estimates or simulations
- So far, who pays for basic business expenses like printing business cards, web hosting?
- Who pitches investors?
- Who is well connected with your target industry, providing introductions to potential customers, journalists and influencers?
Participate in Polls