In his book "How to Win at the Sport of Business," Mark Cuban the billionaire breaks down a checklist for new entrepreneurs.
1. Don't start a company unless your heart is in it.
2. Don't obsess over an exit strategy.
3. Hire people who fit your company's culture.
4. Understand that "sales cure all."
5. Spend liberally on recruiting employees who will play an essential role.
6. Don't worry about perks from the outset.
7. Use open offices.
8. Use technology you're comfortable with.
9. Keep the organization flat.
10. Don't waste money on swag.
11. Don't hire a PR firm.
12. Keep things fun.